We welcome you to the Western Washington Female Hockey League (WWFHL) information website.
WWFHL provides an all-girl recreational hockey league to female hockey players age 5 - 19.
All WWFHL teams practice two times per week with a heavy emphasis on the USA Hockey American Development Model, have access to structured off-ice training, and play weekly games on balanced/equalized teams.
8U League Teams
- All 8U players are on teams in the WWFHL. Teams are balanced at the beginning of the season.
- Skating and hockey skills are taught in fun, small groups in accordance with the American Development Model – admkids.com
- WWFHA teaches respect for the game and all participants
10U League Teams
- All players in 10U play on league teams. Teams practice in skill groups and balanced teams play weekly games.
- Players are taught skating and hockey skills in accordance with ADM principles. Players are given an introduction to sports goal setting and visualization, and WWFHA emphasizes respect for the game and all participants
12U League Teams
- Skating and hockey skills
- Introduction to hockey systems
- Introduction to sports goal setting and visualization
- Respect for the game and all participants
14U/19U League Teams
- Refine skating and hockey skills
- Basic hockey systems
- Basic sports goal setting and visualization
- Mental focus and toughness
- Time management
- Respect and passion for the game
For more information please contact Abby Eshelman, WWFHL Director.