Sign up to become a WWFHA Student Coach and help other Washington Wild teams.
Who: WWFHA members / players ages 13 - 17 only
What: Become a student coach and help a younger team
How: Attend the 2 hour training
When: Sunday, September 13th: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Where: Highland Ice Arena
Student Coach Regulations per USA Hockey:
A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
- Must attend a training session conducted by the local hockey association.
- Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices, clinics, try-outs, and in the locker room.
- May help out at practices, clinics, try-outs only. (May not play during scrimmages or games).
- Must wear a helmet with full face shield, gloves, and skates while on the ice. Must wear helmet during games while on the bench.
- May only work with players at least one full playing age level down.
- The organization that is using the student coach must provide a form indicating on what team he/she is participating as a student coach, and, if applicable, what team he/she is properly registered/rostered as a player.
- Upon reaching the age of 18, the student coach must comply with all USA Hockey coaching and screening rules and regulations.
- May not act as the head coach or assistant coach during practices or games.
Student Coach Policies per USA WWFHA:
- Coaching assignments are based on need; not all requests by players to student coach for specific teams can be granted.
- The commitment to be a Student Coach does not take priority over your current team. However, it does take precedence over other extracurricular activities. If you commit to help a team, you are expected to follow through since the Coaching staff and the players will be depending on you.
REGISTER HERE: https://wild.sportngin.com/register/form/802649430